Thursday, June 12, 2008

The theme is magazines

Today's theme is magazines. Most of my magazines fall into three categories. Those areas being home/house, garden or plant, and cooking/eating.

Some of my home/house publications also cover gardening. Martha Stewart's Living is such a magazine. If you really do not enjoy spending money on magazines and wish to limit your magazine intake to a handful, I would suggest Martha Stewart Living. I have never received an ill conceived issue. The photos are spectacular. Last month's issue had photo of Martha's peonies. I now have peony envy. We have planted six or seven bushes at 'The Gear' and hope to add to them along the way. We feel that peonies are age appropriate for our home.

Horticulture is another favorite of mine. This magazine leans more towards the botanical but not completely so. All that botany I took in college has finally paid off. I can pick a tetraploid at 10 paces.




For those living in the Midwest, Midwest Living always has a garden article that focuses on the Midwest's specific gardening needs.

2 comments:

baby sister said...

Since you own an older home and would like to keep the garden "age appropriate", have you ever heard of www.oldhousegardens.com in Ann Arbor? They sell antique flower bulbs.

Check it out.

Jan Marie said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.

I'm always looking for new sources and it's even better when it's nearby as is A squared.

Thanks again.